CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cruella? Who me?

So I am giving a swim lesson with one of my clients. She has an irrational fear of the deep water, but none-the-less it is a fear, irrational or not. I was making her, more like forcing her, to swim in the pool that has a deep end. There was a lot of pleading from her to let her swim in the other pool, but it was just not going to happen. Needless to say she finally swam to the deep end. Now, you might think I am unsympathetic and cruel, but she needed to do it and it was only going to happen if I made it happen. Poor thing had shaking hands when she reached for the wall. We did this several times and she did great. I was so proud of her.
To give you a little back ground, my client (as I will call her), did not know how to swim at all before she came to me. The first time I met her she walked up in a cute swim suit that had a little skirt. I giggled about the skirt and the next lesson the skirt was gone. I asked her why and she said it was because I teased her. That is probably true....oh well. Anyway, she has imporved a lot from pure dilligence on her part. She came to the pool and practiced on her own and worked very hard. Her goal is to participate in a sprint triathlon.
THAT is the reason why I forced the swimming in the deep pool. I want her to be successful at her race and not freak out when she sees the deep end of the pool. That same day, I told her (forced her) to swim in the middle lane of the deep pool. Again, there was a lot of protesting. Guess what...SHE DID IT!
After all this was done, she asked if my lisence plate read "cruella". I said no perplexidly:) It seems someone who has a swim sticker on their car and has a "cruella" lisence plate. It is it NOT mine. I have no idea why she would have thought that that was my lisence plate. I think MOTIV8R is more discriptive of my coaching:)

0 comments: