CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Trail Running....Really?

I wake up the other morning to coach swimming. I see a message left on my cell phone. I am thinking...'OH GREAT! I am getting up way to early for someone to cancel their lesson." So as I am driving to the YMCA the message goes as follows.."Hey Karen, it's Karen (isn't it always the case you hang out with people who have the same name as yourself) I just signed you up for the swinging Bridges 35K." I laugh to myself thinking it is a good ploy to get me on my computer to sign myself up (which of course, I had no intentions of doing). So I get on my computer later that day and get my notification confirming my entry into Swinging Bridges 35K. Thanks Karen! I guess she thought (knew) I would never sign myself up. I suppose since Karen went through the effort of signing me up I am obligated to do my first 35K trail running race. My skills at trail running are, to say the least, pitiful. Running off road would be the same as giving me a pull buoy when I am swimming....SLOW. To tell you the truth I am a little excited about trying this trail running stuff out. Hopefully I will not sprain an ankle or get too many "Darby's" (A "Darby is when you fall forward and hit the ground skidding in a forward or sideways motion) usually ending up with some good looking abrasions. Anyhow, I am learning that trail running really does require trail running shoes. And that this is going to be a challenge.

0 comments: