CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 5, 2009

You Don't Got to Train!

Alright, I am going to give some of you guys a hard time. A lot of people have finished with their BIG race of the year. The race schedule has slowed WAY down and it is time for people to enjoy the season, to not worry about how to squeeze in extra train time. Long training days will come in due time. Many athletes are now so used to training a couple of hours a day, that doing something for thirty minutes seems pointless. I am telling you that it is not pointless. It is actually very beneficial. It is a great time to focus on technique and work on the area's that are weak. It also allows time to do things that you have had to sacrifice not doing due to the fact that training was up there on your priority list (hopefully at a minimum family, and work, came before training on that list).

Now it is time to go do the things that you have wanted to do but couldn't afford the time. Slow down, take a deep breath and take your time. Before you know it, the new year will be here, your racing season will be picking up and the small sacrifices that you will have to make in order to train will be here. Don't make the BIG mistake of training for a race year round. You will regret it because there will be a great likely hood of you becoming injured, sick, over trained, and hating the sport. Having been a professional triathlete I ALWAYS cut back my training time after my BIG race of the year. It was good for both my body and soul. When the time came for me to train I was strong, fresh and ready. I can guarantee you will be as well.

0 comments: